A lot of us are still unfamiliar with Compounding but it’s a practice that has been around for many years. Compounding is personalizing medications for patients with specific needs.
For instance, only 500 mg tablets are available for a specific medicine in either generic or brand name commercially distributed meds –but their doctor prescribed the patient to take specifically 1200 mg. Pharmacists will be able to help in this situation and compound the meds into 1200 mg tablets of the same ingredients but in the accurate ratio.
In other cases, patients with allergic reactions to certain ingredients in commercially manufactured formulations will be able to get custom-prepared medicines without the allergens. In other cases still, moms with persnickety children can have flavors added to the meds making it more pleasing to a child’s palette.
Other applications for medication compounding include:
- Veterinary Compounding
- Sports Therapy
- Dermatological Compounding
- Oral Sprays and Topical Medications
- Palliative Care Compounding
- Specialized Topical Wound Care
- Sugar-Free Medications for Diabetic Patients
- Flavored Medicine for Kids
- Dental Care Compounding
- Topical Pain Medication
- Combining Medications / Active Ingredients
- Non-Commercially Available Medications
- Specific Physician-Prescribed Dosages
- Podiatry Compounding
Give us a call at 202-621-9665. H Street Pharmacy looks forward to hearing from you and taking your orders. Thank you for choosing to shop at our drugstore.